Its September 1st and here is my update . . . .
Well, actually it is September 12th because ~ Life Gets In The Way 😛 but . . . Here’s my update 🙂
The Life that got in the way included:
- My son had his wisdom teeth removed!
- We tented the house which required bagging things, moving out and then cleaning up.
- The start of school while we were moved out! I earned my “master schedule juggler” award that week!
- I continued to see patients at various locations (because my clinic is in my home ~ which was tented).
- My volunteer commitments resumed ~ I coordinate the Snack Shack for my son’s high school and we had opening days for AYSO and FRAM soccer!
My Successes included:
- I resumed cooking delicious and healthy dinners for my family (once we were back home and the kitchen cleaned).
- I relaxed over this weekend after the chaos of the last few weeks. Relaxation is so important to allow us recharge our physical and emotional energy banks.
- I reconnected with people I had missed over the summer!
- I began a health journal which I will continue sharing as the weeks go by!
- I played fetch with the dog and did some yoga flow today 🙂
My Stagnations included:
- Forgetting who I am
It all comes down to this! For me when I let life gets in the way it is because I have forgotten who I am and therefore I no longer make the choices that I want to make but allow my circumstances dictate how I spend my time. I lose myself in my circumstances.
Have you ever looked in the mirror and thought or said:
- “What the . . . ?”
- “Who is that?”
- “That’s not me!”
- “When did I get ____________ (old/fat/crows feet/dark circles/bags/jowels/chin hair)?” 😀
I am shocked when I look in the mirror because what I see reflected back is not how I actually see myself! In my minds eye, I see a timeless beauty; an intelligent, vivacious, woman; someone who loves yoga, hiking, taking care of her mind, body and soul. What is reflected in the mirror is not that person. So how did I get off track? Life got in the way 🙂
More importantly how do I get back on track?
I have been asking this question for years and have never found an answer until . . . a recent conversation I had with someone with whom I am working on my branding. She asked me a series of questions about the future ~ goals, desires, plans. But she asked it in a way that made me see who I am 6 months from now. AND THEN . . . she told me to act the way that person acts.
Eureka! See what you are 6 months, a year, 5 years from now. Act the way your future self acts. It’s so simple. If I see myself as an athletic, intelligent, compassionate wonder woman then all I have to do is consistently act like an athletic, intelligent, compassionate wonder woman and that is what I will see in the mirror!
So . . . now I finally have a cairn to mark my path, a guide to show me the trail, a way tostay on track and stop life from getting in the way!
Join me on this journey as I post more personal and professional stories. And stay tuned for continued PT education!
Blessed to share the journey~ Roxi